Oracle 11g: Grid Control
Grid Control Components -
Important notes to remember
The following are the Oracle Enterprise manager Grid Control components:
Oracle Management Repository
It is a container. It is a collection of schema objects within an Oracle
database. It contains SYSMAN's schema objects. The OMR database listener
monitors port 1521 by default for any incoming connection requests.
Oracle Management Service
It receives information from
and passes them to
It provides the Grid Control console Web pages from information within
the OMR. It includes Oracle HTTP Server (OHS), Oracle Application Server
containers for J2EE (OC4J), and OracleAS Web Cache. OracleAS Web Cache
is configured to listen on port
and OHS listens on port
for connection by default.
Oracle Management Agent
You need one
for each host server. It must be in its own ORACLE_HOME. It collects
information about target availability, configuration, and performance
and passes that information to
In most installation, the OHS listens to OMA traffic on port
To access the Grid Control console
You use the following URL from Web browser.
Grid Control Console components
1. Home: It shows a big picture of system availability, alerts, jobs,
and status of targets.
2. Targets: It shows the status of targets such as hosts, databases,
applications servers, Web applications, groups, and a global view called
3. Deployments: It shows the software and hardware deployments
including their patches. It manages configuration policies to ensure
that you comply with generally accepted best practices.
4. Alerts: It shows and monitors the status of targets.
5. Jobs: It shows, schedules and executes user's or administrator's
6. Management System: It shows an overview of performance of your